A1C is one of the most common tests that is used to help diagnose type 1 and type 2 diabetes. The test is crucial for those who are living with the condition because it can monitor how well are they managing their blood sugar levels. There are natural ways to help you regulate your blood sugar levels.
Foods to Lower A1C
A tiny fluctuation in the A1C levels can have a detrimental effect on a person suffering from diabetes. That is why eating the right food is crucial. Here are some of the simple food suggestions for you.
- Apple Cider Vinegar. This is made from apples and it comes with plenty of health benefits.
- A protein that contains a type of fat that is great for weight loss. If you have a healthy weight, then this helps stabilize your blood sugar levels.
- This is not only one of the most favorite condiments but is also effective in lowering blood sugar levels.
- This favorite breakfast option is high in magnesium that can help the body produce the correct levels of insulin.
- A must-have in your salads because these leafy greens are high in Vitamin K and magnesium. Eating it raw or slightly blanched can help lower your A1C levels.
Remember that eating right is important if you have diabetes. Never skip your meals and try to cut down your food proportions. Meal planning is important so talk to your dietitian if you are not sure if you are eating correctly.
Other Ways to Lower A1C
Aside from eating healthily, there are also other ways that can help you regulate your blood sugar levels and lower your A1C. Although it is important to watch what you eat, another way is to exercise regularly. Try your best to have at least 150 mins of normal bodily activity every week. Be more active and join workout programs if possible.
You can easily track your blood sugar levels. If you are above your BMI, then work your way to achieve your weight loss goals. Also, it is very important that you stick to your medication or treatment goals. Follow your doctor’s advice and never forget to motivate yourself.
Remember that the reason why you need the A1C test is to make sure that you are properly managing your blood sugar levels. And knowing which foods to lower a1c can greatly help not only with the results but most importantly, with your overall health. So make sure that you add these food suggestions to your grocery list.